Thursday, February 11, 2016

Keep it, Give it or Throw it Away... Promotionally Yours, Sheri Breaux

Keep It, Give It or Throw It Away


It’s been a week since we’ve returned from the PPAI Expo in Las Vegas and I’m finally getting used to working at my desk again. One of the biggest questions that’s been asked since our return is, “What are the hot new promotional products?” Well, we’re glad you asked, but you’ll have to wait while we put the finishing touches on HALO’s “2016 Favorite Things” new product guide. Until then we would like to invite you to play a little tradeshow give-away game called…
Keep It, Give It or Throw It Away


As I walked the 2016 PPAI EXPO floor checking out what was new, meeting exhibitors and picking up some trade show goodies, I started to realize that I was unconsciously playing a game. After I shook hands with the event staff and thanked them for their time, they would offer me a “Thank You for Stopping by Gift” otherwise known as a promotional product. I started noticing as I put the product into my newly acquired, four color process trade show tote, that I would ask myself this question, “Am I going to keep this, give it to someone else or, at the first opportunity, throw it away?”
Now that I have put it out there, you may be realizing that you have played this game before. You may also be realizing that some of your event giveaways have fallen into the third category. If so, never fear, we’ve come up with these tips to help keep your branded merchandise out of the landfill.
  1. Do Some Research. Who’s going to be at this event? Are there any specific demographics they fall into? A little attendee research can go a long way.
  2. Choose a product the audience will find useful. According to a PPAI study, 69% of consumers keep promotional products because they find them useful. Trade show giveaways are no exception.
  3. Use clever text or graphics. People attend events connected to things they care about. Text and graphics that relate to the audience or event will increase your product’s value well beyond its price tag. These extra touches can also help to establish a connection between attendees and your brand.
  4. Check portability. Not everyone drove to this event. The easier the product is to carry or fit into luggage the better chances it has to go home with them.
Are you ready to put these tips to good use? Call your HALO Account Executive, they are always available to help you choose the perfect product for your next promotion.
What’s your favorite “KEEP IT” product that you have ever picked up or given away at a show? We would love to see or hear about it in the comments section below.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to an expo like that. What is it like? Do a lot of people attend? Who can complain about free stuff? I like free products because I am on a tight budget. Anything helps! I will have to check out that expo, it looks like fun. Maybe I can bring a couple of friends.

    ReplyDelete